European network for the sharing and dissemination of technologies and knowledge in the innovative field of Game Based Learning
- 0 Kummenti
- 8722 Visits
Objective of the LUDUS (in Latin, “game”) project is the creation of a European network for the transfer of knowledge and dissemination of best practices in the innovative field of Serious Games
More concretely, the purpose of the project is to:
- Analyse the state of the art in serious gaming.
- Bring together Serious Gaming stakeholders with the aim to enhance technical development capabilities and to foster adoption, increasing significant the entrepreneurship along with the competitiveness of IT companies and developers.
- Induce capacity building, conduct exchanges of information and plan skills improvement activities through the organisation of European training courses.
- Set up a web-based collaboration and knowledge management platform, hosting database with experts, documents, outcomes.
- Transfer knowledge in the domain of learning games and implement promotion and awareness actions regarding the growth potential of Serious Games.
- Offer a meeting point for the interdisciplinary contributors involved in learning games development and develop sustainable transnational collaboration linkages among research, technology and innovation centres and the business community in the area of Serious Games.
- Support new research and development in serious gaming.
- Contribute to the economic and employment growth of technology companies. Stimulate the development and the activities of a cluster on Serious Games.
- Achieve (in the longer term) a more intensive use of technology for learning/training purposes and innovation in Europe.
Extracted from LUDUS